Monday, January 20, 2014

Laundry - Not my favorite chore!! :)

To start off this won't be a very long message cause I sent emails to everyone who emailed me this week.

The only thing I am not enjoying about the Philippines is that I have to hand wash all of my clothes... It uses up 2-3 hours every P-day. That means I don't have time for other things on P-day. Normally on P-day we wake up at 6 am to go to the church to play basketball. We will play for a few hours and then head back to the apartment to get laundry done. At about 1:30 we leave to go do all of our emailing. After that, we head to the market to buy food and by the time we're done that we have to go and work again.

Wow, Dad told me about the Rosemary Sr. Boys Basketball team. Seems like he has a team that is fast, can shoot, and is tall. I think it is your year this year. Whenever Elder Richards and I, plus Elder Kiafoto (really good Tongan Basketball player who lives downstairs) play, we all get well over 20 points because of rebounds - ha-ha. We just picked up our brand new jerseys today. Woot!! I can't wait to really use them. The guy who made our jerseys liked the design so much that he made one for himself as well - ha-ha.

Well, Dad, I would really love a good workout routine if you could send me one :) ((include running every 3 days) - ( I don't think I can get Elder Richards to run anymore then once every 3 days)).

All of my investigators are doing really good. Lots are progressing but we still only have one baptism goal date and that is Beverly. She is super busy and the goal is for her to be baptized on February 5. Which means we have to get the last lesson in sometime this week so she can be interviewed by the zone leaders this Saturday. Normally we can't teach her another day other then Saturday which means we may need to postpone the baptism by another week. Other then that everything is going really good.

I am starting to pick up on the accent and I learn new words everyday. My goal is to learn 20 words a day but that is super hard and I have only been able to do it a few times. I am still doing really good here and Elder Richards and I are still getting along.

Thanks for all of your letters! It really makes my week!

Love you all!!

Elder Nielson

No comments:

Post a Comment