Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A New Life in Lopez 1

Hey Dad! You need to work on your Tagalog! It really isn't that hard. I can sit and have a 30 min conversation with someone in Tagalog now and it just feels natural! :) It still needs a lot of work but I finally feel confident enough in it. The most important thing is that I am almost 100% in all the lessons and my accent is pretty good now.
 
Well, I got transferred to Lopez 1. Not the Island... I am so far away from everything. :( I also had to travel here by myself. We live with the Zone leaders in a super old haunted house (all the Filipinos think its haunted). The area is actually dead ha-ha. President Peterson liked to send the "other elders" to Lopez zone. This zone used to be an Elders only zone and almost all the elders were less then perfect. The area book is clean so its kind of like opening one of the islands ha-ha. I have a lot of work to do here. My companion's name is Elder Daranciang and he is a Filipino. He was in my batch coming into the mission. He was here before me and kind of told me that they didn't do anything but he wants to fix the area and get Lopez running again so I am happy about that. The people here are the nicest people I have ever met in my whole life. Every appointment we go to we are showered with snacks and pop ha-ha. I am going to gain weight in this area! Wish me luck with my new area ha-ha.
 
The internet here isn't that good so I am not sure if I will be able to send too many pictures while I am here in this area. Just know that it is beautiful. Another thing about this area is there is lots of NPA here (New Peoples Army or Rebels). So that adds to the excitement ha-ha.
 
One more exciting thing is that I have a stalker here as well ha-ha. Her name is Joy, and she is crazy... She follows us everywhere and was outside our apartment the other night crying. Me and my comp have to get really good at hide and go seek if we want to even get to lessons here.
 
Well I love you all lots.

Elder Nielson

1 comment: